Best Books on Writing
Here is a list of the best books on writing well. They cover a wide variety of areas of language and the art and skill of writing. Some are from great writers and based on their own experience with the craft.
1. The original and timeless guide for all writers in English. Start here.
2. Clarity is beauty in writing. This vital skill is here.
3. You may not like horror, but Stephen’s lessons will delight you.
4. The mind of the reader and writer understood. Deep and worth it.
5. Our writing would be lifeless without metaphors. Here is how to use them well.
6. As useful and direct as any guide can be. An essential tool.
7. Helps you learn from the master writers. The insights will stay with you.
8. Superb guide for non-fiction writers like me. Use it if you are one too.
9. A fun book on the basics of grammar. We all need it, whether we admit it or not.
10. The North Star for the style of writing he owned. A simultaneously interesting and insightful book.
11. Oh, the joy and fun of knowing where the words we use come from!
12. Expertise with panache
13. A totally painless and fun way to learn grammar!
14. For the aspiring poet!
15. One more gem for if you’re inclined to verse
Connect with me!